Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Maximize God!

It is amusing to me how we humans get in tough situations and we begin to immediately minimize God. We get looking inward and fail to see the Lord working on our behalf. We minimize Him, don't we? I know that I have, and I am certain that you have too. We all know what it is like to be in this kind of situation, and to fail to see where the Lord is and how He is working on our behalf.
What got me thinking about this today is someting I was reading...the Bible. Who would have thought? ;) Psalms, several of them in fact. 145:3 - "Great is the Lord, and worthy of praise!" 147:1 - "Praise the Lord! How good it is to sing praises..." 147:5 - "Great is the Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit." WOW! It hit me...great IS the Lord! He is above all that we know and struggle in. He is in control, even when we might feel that He is not. After all, we have to remember that we don't live by feelings, but by faith, right?
Then, an old song came to mind. "Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised!" Well, that is in Psalm 48:1-3 It ends with the thought that God is the stronghold. He is!
Which causes me to praise the Lord today, just knowing that He is great!
So, instead of my attitude and discouragement causing me to minimize God...I have to do what my Spirit-man wants and MAXIMIZE Him at times like that. Do the same with me. Because our God is a BIG God, as the old Imperial's song says!

No comments: