Monday, April 21, 2008

Are you caffiene-free?

I used this little ditty I came across last night in my sermon on our need for more of God, and Pentecost in these last days. Thought it was good, and hope you appreciate it...

Too many have a caffeine-free relationship with God.
-It won't stir you up…
-It won't keep you up…
-It won’t wake you up…
-And, it won't pick you up!!!

It is true for too many believers. We want just enough of God, but not too much, otherwise He might stir us up too much...you know what I am saying?

My character I used for the massage last night was Samson. He was a man who was to be fully dedicated to God, but yet, he only went halfway with God, resulting in the fact that much of his life was full of rebellion, resentment, reckless activity and revenge; that certainly was not God's best for him.

Now, I am not advocating caffiene for anyone...I myself have been caffiene free for over two years, seriously. But, what I do know is that I need more and more of God! Don't we all?

No comments: