Thursday, April 24, 2008

"When God's People Pray"


I have started a series on Wednesday Nights at our Church called, "When God's People Pray." It is a video teaching created by Jim Cymbala, from the Brooklyn Tabernacle. Thus far, I am very pleased with it, and the people seem to be enjoying it very much.

I just wanted to share a thought from it that Jim Cymbala said that just caught my attention, he said, "Anything God can do, prayer can do." I am not sure if this thought is original to him, but it just impacted me so much to think that we have the opportunity to pray and actually see God do great things...and the connection between what God can do, and prayer... Well, it was just awesome to hear it like that.

It all just reminded me of James 5:16 - The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. To which many of our folks last night had shared testimonies as to how they have seen God answer prayer. Prayer really works, when God's people pray...

Isn't it true? Have you prayed today?

No comments: