Saturday, April 05, 2008

What are you doing???

Today I had the unusual opportunity to wake up at 5 AM! This is not my typical routine, but, nonetheless, I did it. Not becuase I wanted to, but because we had our sectional men's breakfast this morning. About 70 men in our area gathered together to eat, fellowship, worship the Lord together and to hear the Word of God preached.
Evangelist Tony Cruz was our speaker this year, and he brought a great word for us to hear as he referenced the life of David. The theme was that we men are in "the fight of our lives." And he brought three points we need to heed... First, we must have a Samuel in our lives who speaks into us. Next, we must face our Goliaths, and overcome them. Finally, we have to overcome our Bathshebas.
I enjoyed everything that I heard and know that it was effective. In fact, I wanted to comment on one thing that I felt the Lord reveal to me in this regard...especially with the final point. From 2 Samuel 11:1, it says that, "Then it happened in the spring, at the time when kings go out to battle, that David sent Joab and his servants with him and all Israel, and they destroyed the sons of Ammon and besieged Rabbah. But David stayed at Jerusalem." It struck me that when David should have been battling himself, he was not doing that; instead he was falling. The Lord impressed upon my heart that when we are not battling, we will be easy prey for the enemy, and failure is more apt to come. So, we have to stay in the battle DAILY!
Listen to 1 Peter 5:8 - Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Hey, we can never afford to take time for R & R when it comes to the Spiritual battle we are in, otherwise the enemy will have all the more opportunity to move in on us, and overcome us in areas less guarded.
So keep your eyes opened, and stay in the good fight of faith, because this battle is a good one. Plus, realistically, it is a battle for not only your life, but for the life of your family.

No comments: