Saturday, August 30, 2008

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to work we go...

I saw this from a sermon on-line and I thought it was interesting...

We have seen or heard some of these saying before, I am sure...
“I Owe, I Owe, It’s off to work I go.”
“How can I soar with the eagles, when I work with turkeys all week?"
“I’m so broke I can’t pay attention.”

Everyone has an attitude about work...good or bad, and sometimes mixed. But, work is a HUGE part of our lives... It takes a large part of our time and demands much of our attention. In fact, it is said that over the course of a lifetime, from 18 - 65, if you work a 40 hour per week job, you will have spent 97,760 hours at work. Now, that doesn't include any overtime... Boy! Aren't you glad you got a day off from work today? (At least, I hope you did...)
One verse comes to mind for us on this Labor Day. Colossians 3:23 - "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men." For as much time, or as little time we spend "on the job" remember that we must do it as unto the Lord because we represent Him on the job as well as off.

No comments: