Friday, August 29, 2008

History in the making...

I am not huge on politics, but I do have to say that I love this season in America. When the Presidential Elections are in full tilt. I have such fun watching the debates and listening to the banter that is involved in the process. (Although, I do not enjoy it in Church.)

Anyways... This time around, we are about to see history made with either side winning. Either there will be a woman on the ticket who wins, or a non-caucasian in the white house for the first time ever. "The race" is always exciting to me, but to see history taking place right before your eyes is an awesome thing. We have told our son, who is 13, that he ought to pay close attention because of it...not that it matters to him anyhow.

-------------------------------------------------

In any event, I wanted to comment on something Obama said with regard to McCain's choice as his VP, Gov. Sarah Palin from Alaska. Not an exact quote, but the jist is that, here is a person who was the mayor of a town of about 9000, who is just one heart-beat away from being the President of the United States; inferring that this was a poor choice for McCain, and for the American people.

Well, regardless of how you feel, I couldn't help but recall the passage of Scripture that tells us to "not despise the day of small beginnings." And even David was overlooked for God's choice placement...
BTW - Gov. Palin was the president of her high school's chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Trivia...

No comments: