Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Mr. President

Well, I want to drop a few comments here on my blog in regard to the elections last night. I have to admit that I am disappointed with the results, and have a certain amount of hesitation in reference to our nation and where it may be going in the near future. However, I must remind myself that God is STILL on the throne, and He has not changed His heart towards America or Americans. Truth be told, we might get too wrapped up in the whole election thing anyhow...
In any event, I want to give some thoughts from my heart in regard to what we see happening in our country.
First off, Judges 21:25, "...everyone did what was right in their own eyes." This is what I see transpiring with our own country. As for voting morals and looking at the character and integrity of a man...I feel that these days are over. It seems to me that people are more concerned with the "what's in it for me" kind of thing. I saw this one lady on the news who said she was voting for Obama because when he is president, she won't have to worry about putting gas in her car, or food to eat...as if he will cure everything. What was she doing.? Exactly what seemed right in her own eyes.
Which leads me to this second thought. In I Samuel 8, when the people didn't care for Samuel being their leader, and they wanted a king to judge them instead. It was not God's best, but because they wanted something, ie. the king, God gave it to them. Then Saul came on the scene, and we all know where that ended up. Well, here we are as Americans. But for those who know the Word, we know that sin and lawlessness will increase. Not to mention the liberal mentality of Americans...therefore, it is not surprise that a liberal won. It is only a reflection of the heart of Americans. What is more sad than that is that it reflects far too many "Christians" too. I mean, just as simple as this, what Christian can vote for a man that supports the act of killing the unborn? Who can support something that is clearly unBiblical?
This only reminds me of Matthew 24:12, where it says that "because lawlessness is increased, the love of many will grow cold." This election reminds me that we are living in the last days, and that we who know the Lord must get busy telling others about Jesus! So, let's get motivated because the time is short.
All in all, I am not mad that Obama won...I have no anger about that. But what is happening in my heart is that I am sobered at the thought that we (Believers) must get busy to reach out, and make a difference because the Lord is coming soon! The trumpet is about to sound!
My last thought as to why the elections went in the direction they did. Isaiah 55:9 - "So are My ways higher than your ways. And My thoughts than your thoughts." Maybe we don't understand why things went this way, but we have to trust in our reliable God who has everything under control. Again, He is STILL on the throne!

No comments: