Friday, November 07, 2008

Wesley's Covenant Prayer

I came across this prayer from Nick Poole's blog and I thought it was great for every believer to read and know. I plan to plug this into my message on Sunday Morning...it is a good one for us all to consider and meditate upon.
John Wesley's Covenant Prayer
I am no longer my own, but yours.
Put me to what you will, rank me with whom you will;
put me to doing, put me to suffering;
let me be employed for you or laid aside for you,
exalted for you or brought low for you;
let me be full, let me be empty;
let me have all things, let me have nothing;
I freely and heartily yield all things to your pleasure and disposal
And now, O glorious and blessed God,
Father,Son and Holy Spirit,
you are mine, and I am yours.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen.
This prayer was the heartbeat of one of the most dynamic movements for the renewal and expansion of the Christian movement. Maybe it can be a motivating prayer for a movement within our hearts once again?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

To sum up the prayer, and put it in modern day terms "Sold Out to Jesus". :) This is great. Thanks for sharing!

~Sharon~
A Hoosier Family- http://hoosierfamily06.blogspot.com
Assembly of God Blogs- http://assemblyofgodblogs.blogspot.com