Monday, November 10, 2008

A Nation Blessed...

Just a thought today about our nation, and its blessings...
I know that we are a very blessed nation, and that we have MUCH to be thankful for. However, with the recent elections, many are getting a little down in the mouth because we have concerns and even fears about what our future holds.
I read this verse today, and thought that it applies so very much. Proverbs 11:10-11 - When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices, and when the wicked perish, there is glad shouting. [11] By the blessing of the upright a city is exalted, but by the mouth of the wicked it is torn down. I am led to believe that as the Believer is blessed by God...a city (or nation for that matter) will also be blessed. Likewise, a nation will be torn down by the mouth of the wicked. Here again, we see the battle between the good and the bad, the Lord and the devil.
And, as I read this, I am seeing the need for us (the Body of Christ) to BE what God has called us to be, because I see it that God brings His blessing upon a nation through the Body of Christ. The problem is, is that right now, there are a few things to be concerned about. Now, I am not saying that it is our fault; however, it does make me question our presence in this nation. Are we the powerful force that God wants us to be? Are we making the difference to the magnitude that He envisions for us? Just think, when prayer was taken out of school back in the '60s, was the Church, as a whole, fighting that in any way? Since then, we have to admit the Nation has not been blessed by that action. Or abortion... Etc., etc.
Now, please don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that WE are the blame. But what I am saying is something I remember hearing from T. D. Jakes when Bill Clinton has his little escapade with Monica... I remember that Bishop speaking about how at a time like that, the response should not be so much on booing and hissing Mr. Clinton, but instead, we (The Church & Nation) should be searching our own hearts, and asking the Lord to know us, and to forgive us. Afterall, we elected this man in, and he, in many ways, represented us Americans.
I like that thought...that we search our hearts out. It brings new light to the verse that we have all heard many times over...2 Chronicles 7:14 - ...and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Friends, I want our Nation to be a blessed Nation...and I want to be a reason that God commands His blessing towards us. I know that these days are growing more increasingly evil, but that is just when our light should shine a little more brightly, right?
Remind yourself of that childhood song you used to sing, "This little light of mine. I'm gonna let it shine." And remember that we have work that needs to get done, before the return of Christ. In light of what we see happening in our world, I am only reminded that the retun of Christ is all the more closer...so let's work while there is still light! Let's see our Nation be blessed as we all want it to be!

No comments: