Thursday, November 13, 2008

Recycling at its finest...

I was watching Fox News this morning and they did a story on these booths that are scattered across NYC. Remember the days before you had a cell phone...go back a couple years, and you will remember that we used to occasionally use a pay phone. Right? Yeah... Well, those booths still linger around that city, and someone has come up with a way to use the bones of the booth, and "converted" it into a prayer booth. I don't know if it is wrong for me to think this to be a bit comical, but it is to me.

Anyhow, as I was checking this out on the web, I saw a comment by someone who said this couldn't be from the Church because there is no place to give an offering! Maybe they should have left the slot for the quarter??? :)


Hey, as I think about it...it seems that there is some prejudice here... It seems to me that this is taylored more for the catholic that us Pentecostals! ;)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I've said this for years... to many times people treat prayer like AT&T. They pick up the phone and call Him whenever they need Him for something, and then hang up and walk away. He's supposed to be with us and we're told to pray without ceasing.

I just blogged using this analogy yesterday: http://hoosierfamily06.blogspot.com/2008/11/is-god-visible-or-pushed-off-to-side.html

:0) Thanks for sharing. It's one of those things that make you go hmmm.