Saturday, September 29, 2007

All-Mighty!

I have been trying to improve myself lately by expanding my vocabulary. So I have been recieving a word a day from dictionary.com to help me do just that. Words like panjandrum, turpitude and doof have been regularly coming to my e-mail and I have learned a few and can relate to a few too.

One particular word that made me immediately think of another was this...panacea. Panacea is a noun that is defined as "a remedy for all diseases, evils and problems; a universal medicine; a cure-all." You are probably thinking the same way I am. I immediately thought of Jesus being this world's PANACEA! He is the cure-all and universal medicine for all of man-kind's evils and diseases. Not just in the physical, but in the emotional, mental and even (and most importantly) the spiritual! He is the cure all for us with all of our deficiencies and failures...aren't you thankful? I know that I am!

Two Scriptures for your consideration...
Isaiah 53:3-5 - He was despised and forsaken of men, a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and like one from whom men hide their face, He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. [4] Surely our griefs He Himself bore, and our sorrows He carried; yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed.
Ephesians 1:22-23 (NASB) And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, [23] which is His body, the fulness of Him who fills all in all.

Jesus is our panacea!
He abrogated our moral turpitude so that we are now unabridged.

No comments: