Monday, September 24, 2007

JUST DO IT!


These are the words of Jesus in John 14:15 - "If you love Me, you will keep my commandments." As I read them, it made me flash back to yesterday's message I shared in the morning service...

Once again, the Lord laid another message on my heart during the Worship Service, and instead of preaching what I had prepared, I shared from the book of Acts in second half of chapter 5. This is where the disciples are preaching, and once again placed into prison. BUT, an angel of the Lord came and opened the prison doors for them to get out and begin to preach once again in the streets. The next the Sadducees knew of these guys was when they were actually preaching. Very cool!

My poin that I wanted to make with this passage of Scripture was in regard to how we get put into a common prison, just like the apostles were; but not because we are standing up for the Lord, but by the bad choices of our lives. We "christians" sometimes get caught up with the things of this world and the appetites of the flesh and what begins to happen is that we find ourselves bound up in a prison with no witness, when we should be outside the Church walls sharing the Gospel of Jesus with others who need to hear.

Now - everyone agreed that we want to see the world come to know Jesus as Savior...and everyone also agreed that we are supposed to be the ones doing it. The trouble is that we get side-tracked. So we have to determine to stay focused and win some victories over the enemy who so easily entangles us in his traps.

Listen, I am a very "black and white" type of guy. What I mean by that is that if we say we are going to live for Christ, and be a witness, then we just must do it. Nothing frustrates me more than to see a "Christian" sit and struggle and strive in their sin when they know they should not be in it in the first place. Does anyone agree with me. If that is so, then we better "turn right, and go straight" as they say. As my Assistant Pastor says all the time to me, using the Nike slogan, "Just Do It!" And we must...

Which brings me back, full circle to John 14:15 - "If you love me???" That really could stand to be the question, couldn't it? Do we love Him? Are we really in this for Christ, or just so we don't end up in hell? We have to ask ourselves these questions sometime!!! Ask youself even now..."do I love Him?" Then, if you say you do...then, keep His commandments!

Blessings to you, and keep your head in the fight! Fight faithfully! Semper Fi!

No comments: