Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stay Sharp!


I came across this short story that makes a great point. Let me know what you think...

Two lumberjacks challenged each other to an eight-hour woodchopping contest.
The first contestant chopped for hours on end, taking only a ten-minute lunch.
The second challenger chopped at a steady pace but took several breaks throughout the day, including a long lunch.
At the end of eight hours, the first lumberjack was irritated to discover that his opponent had chopped more wood than he had.
"How did that happen?" questioned the first lumberjack.
His challenger smiled and replied, "Every time I took a break, I sharpened my ax."

So the question that needs to be asked is, "Are you working harder or smarter?"

It seems that we sometimes work fevorishly to do for the Lord, and we forget to pray and seek His face. Then we wonder why we have little to no response. Have we been working too hard? Have we forgotten to be smart? By that I mean, that we have to remember this is God's deal, and He is the one who makes this all happen anyhow, not us. So we have to, and must, lean upon Him to accomplish the work. Our might will never work.

Zechariah 4:6 - "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord!"

No comments: